My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's...

I wish I had some clever joke to play on someone, but I don't. I think me and Lal wore out the "I'm pregnant" one on my mom years ago. She doesn't buy it anymore;)

V got me like last week. She got an early start. She got it off the TV; Disney channel, I think. They kept showing all these different tricks you could play on someone for April Fool's. So she switched the bags of cereal in the boxes. So when I went to pour myself a bowl of my Fruit Harvest, I got Rice Krispies...YUCK!!! But I got her back cause I swapped them back out before she noticed and then went to get cereal again and it was the right one!!! Ha!!!


So yesterday I got a LO finished. I'd been working on it for the last couple of days and got it all finished up yesterday...

This one is a lift off of the blog Life with Lou; Leah Killian. I read her blog and love her work. I used MM Fa La La pp and MME (the polka dotty one). I "matted" the artisan on cardstock and then cut around it to leave a small border. I distressed the edges of all my papers using the HS edge distresser. I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE this thing and I owe it all to my friend Gina (hi, Gina:). I saw her use it once at a crop and asked her what it was for and what she did with it. I'd had mine for a while and had tried it out, but apparently I was doing it wrong. Once I saw what Gina did with it, I was HOOKED:)

Edges are all inked as well. May Arts lace and AC Puffy Thickers. I made the "ruffle" by following a tutorial on Leah's blog. I am in love with these ruffles now too;) It adds such a lovley touch. My reindeer was Cricut cut using my Joys of the Season cart. I cut it out of cardstock first and then out of the MME paper and them glued them on top each each to make it a bit sturdier. Inked the edges of that too and tied a piece of velvet ribbon around the deer's neck and added a HG pin. The smaller part of my title is made using MM tiny alphas. HS chipboard numbers and a couple of AL buttons finish it off.

I played around with another one of my Sizzix dies and made these. These are for the Grant a Wsih on 2Peas. I am sending someone an assortment of bird/owl goodies:) I got this die at J's quite a while back for like $5 AND it's a Bigz die!!! Good deal;)

I got this one done today. This one was a lift off of Kihaku on sb.com. She used the new Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts. I really want some of this line, but I improvised and this is what I came up with...

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. I just keep going back to look at it on my desk:) I used a sheet of Bazzill scalloped cardstock, some old MM kraft paper, MM tiny alphas and Doodlebug Loopy Lou cardstock alpha stickers. I hand cut my tree using a BG Mellow chip piece that I traced onto my cardstock and just enlongated the truck. I punched out circles of MM, K&Co. and Amy Butler pps for the "leaves" of my tree. The little diecuts; bird, butterfly and flowers, I have had for AGES...Seriously. I don't even know what they are or who makes the. I am thinking VERY old Fancy Pants, but if anyone knows PLEASE leave me a comment because it's irking me not knowing;)

I also handcut my little stems/leaves for my flowers. I'm going to see if I can't get another LO done later this afternoon/evening. Enjoy the rest of the day:)

1 comment:

Ginajam said...

Ok...that is seriously one VERY CUTE layout. I've been wanting to do a tree for so long...now I REALLY want to do it!! And thanks for the shout out re: the distresser. I'm so glad you use it now!! I use mine so much I've worn thru a couple of them already. It's almost that time again!! Have you seen the Tim Holtz distresser?? That's a good one, too!! You'll have to try it sometime if you haven't!