My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Day...

Yesterday was a full day. We got up early and headed over to my mom's to spend the day with Lal and the kids and my mom. We planned a mini crop. I only packed 2 LOs and only got one done. I got the other done here at home later in the evening.

This is the one I got done with Lal. We both lifted this one. It was from sb.com and I believe it was from Prima. They used the new Prima Mommy and Me, but I improvised and FINALLY used some of the Friendly Forest I got at M's. The background paper is at least. Also used some Prima flowers, a homemade lollipop flower with an epoxy brad center and some felt stitched flowers I got at Walmart a LONG time ago. Some adhesive gems in the center of the blue Primas, Oh, I also used my Friendly Forest stamp set to stamp those little leaves on cardstock and then cut them out. Lal gave me some of her white pom pom trim and some more of her boy Prima notecards that I then cut the little owls out of:) Oh, and she let me use some of her stitched rubons for my little "circles". What a sis:) My little branchie thing is Cricut cut from Storybook. LOVE that cart. Can't say that enough and I have used this branchie cut on several LOs. My title is AC foam Thickers and some Doodlebug cardstock alpha stickers; Simply Sweet, I believe.

This is the one I got done at home. This was a lift off one Lal did. Not sure if it was a lift for her too though. Papers are MME; one of the CHA release lines, WRMK Tiffany and some BG Urban Prairie. I used my Stampin' Up scalloped border punch on the stripey WRMK paper. Oh, and a small piece of some BG Blitzen; the white "solid" in back. Title is AC Puffy Thickers and chipboard Thickers along with some MM tiny alphas. Also added a Prima Sprite and a button, and a MM Chloe's Closet journaling sheet where I still need to add my journaling:)


Lal made Mikey this cute, cool litte puppet theatre from one of those project displays. We got it at HL the other day. It came out pretty well. V and Mikey played with it for a while. Mikey was using these cute monster puppets Lal got him from the T's $ spot some time ago.



The kids played video games and just hung out while me and Lal scrapped. Later in the afternoon, my mom watched the kids while Lal and I ran to T's to do our Easter shopping. I already had their candies, but that's about it. I took Mikey and Lij their baskets yesteday since I wouldn't be seeing them before Sunday. I forgot to take a pic of Mikey's. I know he already ate his little box of blue Whoppers...he had the blue mouth to show for it;) Lal take a pic and post for me:)

Anyway, so we went to Target. I got the kids gifts to share. SO much easier this way. I got 2 DVDs; Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Despereux and a Disney quiz game for the PS2. It's like the Scene It for the Xbox 360 that Lal and Miguel have, but for PS2 and it's Disney stuff so easier for the kids. That was even on clearance for $20!!! When we walked out I joked with Lal...I walked out with only one bag...and a seperate bag with a hat.. and spent almost $80!!!


So on the way home, Lal picked up McD's for the kids. Thanks, Lal:) and we ate. She also got some Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies at T's for dessert which the kids LOVED...and so did I...hee hee

After lunch we did our egg coloring. I took some eggs to make hard boiled eggs which my mom boiled for me. Thank you, Mommy. Lal had the empty egg shells for cascarones. I HATE cascarones. For such little things, they sure do make a HUGE mess.


Lal had those little tablets to do her coloring and I took these two spinnie thingies I got on clearance after Easter one year. These things are too cool cause there is little to no mess for the kids. Practically ideal;) Of course the kids start whining. V and M want to do the tablets and Lij and Mikey want to spin the eggs. These kids!!!











So they all took turns doing both and they didn't make TOO much mess. Steve got off work kind of early and decided not to go to the shop in the afternoon, so he came by and watched the kids finish the eggs. We hung out a little longer and then took the kids outside to try to take some pics. My goodness, are these kids difficult!!!

They are like ALL over the place; making these ridiculous "fake" smiles...sigh...I managed to get a handful of good ones. This one is really funny. Mikey just ran in at the last minute and kind of hid behind V. LOL...

Today I was looking forward to M's cause they had a 30% off your entire regular priced purchase coupon for between 8am-1pm. These type of coupons are usually for Sunday evenings and I really don't use them cause I've usually wrapped up my day by that time. These hours worked out perfectly. We got up, I did my chores, got the kids breakfast, got dressed and headed out.


As soon as we got there, I hit the sb section. I picked up a few things I was wanting, then we walked different sections of the store. We took our time and just browsed around. Right as we were getting ready to leave, I went back through the sb section and all this stuff was marked down!!! Pretty much the entire older Designer Corner. I grabbed bunch of stuff and the greatest part. The 30% off coupon applied to the clearance too!!! I saved $17.90 on my purchases today. Not bad. I must share that with Steve so that he knows how thrifty I am;)
I'll update later with pics of all my goodies I got:) Well, I gotta do a bit of dishes. We just had dinner and I gotta go fix up the kids Easter "baskets". Hope everyone has a nice, safe and Happy Easter. Easter blessings to everyone:)











1 comment:

Ginajam said...

You've been busy!! Way to go scoring some awesome deals at M's! Your layouts are beautiful, too. Happy Easter!!