My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Friday, March 7, 2008

I Got the Blues...

OK...Here's my LO for the Blues challenge on Sneaky. This was my first time doing machine stitching on a LO. I tried using this little Provo Craft sewing machine that Lal gave me, but it did NOT work:( I was just being lazy and didn't want to pull out my big machine, but I really should have instead of wasting so much time trying to get the little one to work. Once I got my big machine out, I finished in like two minutes...sigh...Anyway...here it is:

Our challenge was to use four different BLUE patterned papers by four different manufacturers. I used Basic Grey Periphery, MME Wild Asparagus, K&Co. Wild Saffron and Daisy D's. We also had to use embellishments to spell out the word "blues" and they could only be black, white, silver, gold or blue. I used a bloom, borders and a button, lace, undressed chipboard, epoxy alpha stickers and stickers and stitching. I really like how the butterfly and bloom look even though it's a boy LO. I'm really surprised at how much I like the way this came out:) And I'm really liking the look of the machine stitching. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this again on other LOs:)

Today I spent the day with my mom. We did a little shopping. I went by M's, but didn't find the things I was looking for:( I picked up a little birthday gift for a Sneaky pal though. Went to the mall and bought the cutest little purse at Aeropostale and a new t. I LOVE that store. Me and my mom ate Chick fil A at the food court. Went to Hobby Lobby and picked up another birthday gift for another Sneaky pal. Went to Target, then Walmart, then picked up the kids and dropped my mom back off at home. It was a good day:)

2 comments:

scrapbook911 said...

HURRY...HURRY! Girl, we just got in Elsie's Claire line. You are gonna love it! I spent all of my garage sale money on it last night!!

DARLING LAYOUT, by the way. You have been getting lots done lately. I love that feeling of accomplishment, don't you? Ok...so go check it out if you can!!

Lal said...

SOOO many typos! LOL Please check your spelling before you post! LMBO :) :) I LOOOVE the LO..all the pp's worked so good together and I love the stitching! You should just throw that little machine away. I would have thrown it out the window! LOL