My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slow Week...But Not...

This whole week has been kind of off. First cause of the long holiday weekend and then my days have just been all mixed up. And despite the long weekend/short school week, this week has seemed to go by so quickly. It seems like it was just Tuesday and now tomorrow is Friday.

Next week is the kids last week of school. They go until Thursday which kind of doesn't make any sense. They should just go Friday too. I'm going to send mine;) hee hee


This coming Tuesday morning is V's awards ceremony. Not sure if and when Mattie has his graduation ceremony. I asked him, but he says he doens't know and then I told him to ask today and he didn't...SIGH...


This past week someone over on 2Peas and sb.com mentioned finding Thickers at BL. Then someone local found them as well. So yesterday after Steve got home from work we went ISO. I found a good selection and got like 12 or so packs; two of each font/color I liked that we found. Zandra also picked up several for us, so YAY!!! TY!!! I also got a pack of MM Chelsea's Place diecut papers at TM on Tuesday (can't recall if I mentioned that already:) I SO love that paper. Anywho...


I'm going to go look at the BL here by my house again tomorrow. I gotta run by Walmart and gas my truck and also gotta go by HEB and stock up on sodas. They are on sale again and with summer coming, we could really use them;)


I didn't run anywhere today, just hung out at home after I got my chores done. Did a little purging in the kids paper stuff. I also got to work on a LO...

I hadn't been feeling the mojo ALL week, but finally got a little today. This was a lift off 8supermum on sb.com. I had used this pic last week when I tried to lift a LO that Lal had done of Mikey, but I REALLY didn't like the way it turned out. Thankfully, the way I had used the pic, it was really easy to take off the LO and that's what I used here:)

The background paper is WRMK Over the Rainbow. The blue solid is BG. I used a scalloped paper to trace onto the back then hand cut. All the flowers and the bird/branch are WRMK Nonsense. All hand cut as well. I doodled a border on the scalloped paper and also added some little swirlies:) I used Pop Dots on all the flowers and on the one little bird by the pic to add dimension. MM tiny alphas and AC foam Thickers for my title. TFL and have a great night:)

2 comments:

Lal said...

VERY pretty page! I love all the cutouts and the flowers w/the pop dots!

Ginajam said...

that is such a gorgeous page!! And I'm so bummed about you guys finding those thickers for $2. UGH! What a bargain!