My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Monday, March 16, 2009

Boo Hoo for Spring Break

So the kids had Spring Break last week and I must say it was somewhat of a bummer. The weather turned cold and rainy so we did NADA. Steve also had to make two trips out of state for work so...:(


Thursday he had to go to Oklahoma so I went over to hang with Lal at my mom's. I had a mini crop night;) I got two LOs done.
Both of these were lifts off of Stephanie Howell. She is just FAB!!! :) Here I used CI scalloped edge pp and a sheet of the MM Flower Patch artisan. M's is supposed to be getting this line in and I went over the weekend, but they had everything BUT the papers:( and not sure they are going to be carrying the shaped ones cause all the papers were priced at 69 cents:( Anyho...MM Sabrina frame and MM tiny alphas, some misc. chipboard letters and AC grid pp. I used some of the lyrics to this Paul Simon song about a father and daughter. This pic was from my uncle's wedding recently.On this one I used Prima Angelique pp. I do believe this was one of the sheets sent to me by the SUPER talented and very generous Allison Shubert. I PMd her on 2Peas to inquire about a particular sheet of paper and she sent me an awesome package of papers and embellies!!! The diecut and tag are K&Co. Que Sera. HS block alpha stickers and MM tiny alphas again. I'm so loving these. I think I need to restock;) The frame behind the pic is Cricut cut with the Storybook cart. Some lace trim around the pic and then I added some little fabric roses from the craft dept.:)


This one I did on my own yesterday. Lal lifted this one too a short time back from the 2Peas gallery of apeainthepod. Daisy D's pp, Jenni Bowlin Farmer's Wife artisan pp, Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl pp, MME pp and diecuts, MM tiny alphas...AGAIN;) I hand cut the clouds out of cardstock. Used my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch on the bottom of one of the MME papers and distressed the edges of both the artisans with my HS distresser.Last year everyone over on sb.com was talking about this wire tierd basket that came out in the Spring. I do believe last year's was a different color though. So I'd been eyeing this for a bit and wanting it for my stamps, but just felt that at $20 was a bit much. The more I thought of it though, the more I wanted it and I thought I'd better get a move on before they sold out. I remembered seeing a few left at the Crossroad Ts so on Friday, while I was still over at my mom's, Lal and I went and I bought it:) LOVE it!!! All my $ bin stamps fit in here:)AAnd speaking of stamps...I got these in the M's $ bins just this past week. Gina over on sb.com had posted a pic of some she had picked up and I just LOVED that little owl. I finally found them. They had quite a few others I didn't get, but they were all really cute. I picked up the owl and cupcake for Lal too;)



So Steve got back home mid-day on Friday, but he pretty much just slept and we let him:) Saturday he took off from work. We went out to breakfast and then took the kids to see Race to Witch Mountain. It was a good movie. I "heart" The Rock;)



After Steve took me to the 911 sale; everything 30% off. Woo hoo!!! The day before they had gotten in some of the new Thickers and I got to grab some:)


I got some of the new Bazzill edges too. I really wanted the black, but just my luck...they were out:( and I didn't get the hot pink ones, but now I'm thinking I should have;)...LOLWent my Ts at the Rim and found the MM Just Chillin' journaling book. It was the ONLY thing from the line they had out and it seems they have lost a whole side of the sb aisle!!! Boo!!! The other goodies are from M's. I am loving those little frames. There are 4 to a pack and this past week the Desinger Corner was 30% off:) And I am so loving that calendar stamp. It reminds me of the new Prima ones that just came out, but for those you have to buy each individual month seperately for $1.99 each. I got this set for 40% off of $6.99 with my coupon;)

Today I am catching up on housework. Just folded and put away a lot of laundry. I still need to "clean" house, but hopefully it shouldn't take me long cause I have about 3 other LO ideas in my head and I don't want to lose the mojo before I get to them.

I have V home sick with me today. She'd been somewhat under the weather since Friday, but yesterday she was complaing a lot about her head hurting and last night she ran a low grade fever. She's been coughing and sneezing like crazy too. Hopefully she'll be better tonight or else I'm keeping her home again and possibly making a trip to the dr's.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day so just in case I don't update before then...Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone:)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have that "LOVE" Die cut too!! LOL

Lal said...

LOVE the new pages! :) And I love that basket too! Now you don't have to worry about that hanging basket falling on your head :)