My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Melting...

Literally that's how I felt yesterday. It was SO hot. We didn't do much; just stayed around the house. I did run to do our grocery shopping, but that's about it. Steve did some yard work outside. Later in the afternoon, I went out to spray paint some frames. OMG!!! I was only out there like 10 minutes and I felt like I was melting into a puddle...Poor Steve:( I made him his fave dinner though; spaghetti and meatsauce and garlic toast:P

So I worked on my frame wall when my frames dried. I really like how it turned out. I'm thiking of a small mirror wall or a small wall with just crosses. Not sure yet.

So not much has been going on around here. Mattie is doing summer school so I'm still having to get up early. I can't stay up too late cause I'll pay in the am. On the upside; since we get up early, V is tired early too. Not like last summer where she was up until like 1am. She's been asleep by 11 at the latest. Let's see how it all goes in July when noone has to go anywhere.

I spent Friday over at my mom's. Took her to run an errand. We went by M's and the JCPenny Home store. Picked up new pillows for our bed.

Saturday afternoon, after Steve got off work, we took the kids to go see Imagine That. WAY cute movie. We all LOVED it. Eddie Murphy is SO funny:) We went out to eat at Jim's and Steve took me by 911 and M's. So a little shopping;)...


SO LOVING the new MM Vintage Findings from M's. I'm SO in love!!! ;) Also found this cool new EK Success border punch. It does bigger scallops. It's also supposed to kind of emboss a little edge on it, but it's pretty sublte. I like it a lot. I've only tried it out on a scrap paper, but it looks fun...Possibilites...:)

The MM ledger pad and the LYB journal books I picked up at 911. Lal just got these in the mail last week and I'd just seen them on Friday and I wanted them SO and lo and behold, 911 got them and I scored!!! I debated the school journal book, but ended up putting it back. STILL might go back and get it though. I was planning on picking up some JB letter stickers I had seen last time and totally forgot so I can go look for both. Oh, and I hit my free $10 again, so I can use that;)

A quick LO I worked on like last week. Totally forgot about this one. It's a pic of V on Field Day. I got the idea for this one off of 2Peas, I'm pretty sure:) Papers are AC except for the stripes which is Scenic Route. JB ticket, MM chip shapes and T's $ spot journaling tag.

Another lift, but I'm just not too crazy about how this one turned out:( I've had this one in progress, sitting on my desk for a while. The other night I felt inspired, but then I just wasn't too happy with the outcome. Anywho...there it is...The pic of is V on Polar Express Day this past year. Everytime I see this pic it makes me laugh cause I notice how short the sleeves are on her robe. It's a little hard to tell cause it's the same color as her pj sleeves. Right after I saw this pic, I went and checked the size on it and it was like a 5T or something...LOL...SO went out and got her a new one at T's...hee hee
It's Monday which means "house cleaning day" so that's what I'm up to today. I'm about 3/4 of te way done. All caught up on laundry and put away. In the middle of vacumming (I know I'm not spelling that right, it looks SO wrong...LOL). Not too much left to do. Gotta pick up Mattie in a bit and start lunch.

We are on our 3rd week of our Blog Hop challenge. It has been a lot of fun:) Hope everyone is staying cool indoors...Oh, Lal also told me last night that they all got season passes to Fiesta Texas. YAY!!! Happy dance...happy dance...Now we can all go together. Fun times to come. Woo hoo!!!




1 comment:

Lal said...

I love the page of V in her robe! Nice use of the Sass :) VACUUMING...two u's not two m's. I'm done cleaning..FINALLY! After like six hours, but I got it ALLLL done :) Whew!