My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Friday, November 14, 2008

It's SO Windy...

Tonight was Family Movie Night at V's school. They were showing Kung Fu Panda and serving hot dogs, chips, popcorn, drinks and cupcakes. It didn't start until 7 so I figured if we got there by 6:30 I'd be good, since everything was on a first come, first served basis. Boy was I wrong!!!



As we got closer to the movie area I saw a line of about 100 people...I am NOT kidding. In line for food and snacks. The kids had already had dinner, but I thought that at least they could get some snacks for during the movie, so we got in line.




I thought I'd get Steve a hot dog since he'd be coming straight from work and I knew he hadn't eaten, but wouldn't you know it. Literally as we got up to the front of the line, they announced they were out of hot dogs:( The kids managed to snag a drink, some chips, popcorn and a cupcake.




One of V's friends came a little later after everything was gone, so I let her have my drink, chips and popcorn and we let her sit next to V in the extra chair that was for Steve:) I ended up just sending him straight home since the movie was almost over by the time he got near the house and we left a little early cause it kept getting windier and colder.




It was a pretty nice time though. Better weather would have been good, but we can't control that;)




Today was a very nice day. I called up my neighbor, Ruby, and asked her if she wanted to go to breakfast. We went and had tacos at Bill's. Then she went with me to Mattie's ped to pick up his Rx. We went to Walmart to drop it off and killed some time there. She picked up a few groceries she needed. I got Steve the Hellboy 2 movie, a pair of pjs for V that were on clearance for $5 and this really cute sweater dress for me;)




Afterwards we went to the Big Lots across the street and then the Dollar Tree and lo and behold what I found there:



These are EXACTLY like the AC one; the Thickers and the other little embellies. I can't think of the exact names;) All for $1!!! I'm thinking I might go back and get more;) They had other stuff I didn't get. Like foam Thickers, foam shapes, some different chipboards (some with arrows and some birthday ones:) Those were the only two style of the felt embellies though and the only two colors in any of the Thickers.


Here's my one LO I got done on Wednesday when Lal was here...


Creative Imaginations decorative edge pp, Jenni Bowlin polka dot pp and bingo card, glitter chipboard letters, MM 5th Avenue diecut and tiny alphas, scalloped circle punch, Prima flowers and Center Kisses, lace, AC Remarks and cardstock sticker.

Wednesday when Lal came over we all went to Target (Ruby was with us:) and they had LOTS of clearance sale on clothes. In addition to the things being 30, 50 or 75% off, they were an extra 30% off the last marked price.

As we were walking around this woman came up to me and offered me a $5 off a $50 or more purchase of apparel. Boy was I happy:) So I got her quite a bit of things for only $52!!! 3 or 4 pieces were from the Yes line that I LOVE:)

K...I am super tired so I am hitting the sack. Have a good one:)

No comments: