My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Here in My Gloomy Place...

Oh, dear...Oh, bother...today was such a gloomy and dreary day. I couldn't motivate myself to do anything:(


I did get up and run to the grocery store early this am cause I couldn't get Steve to move fast enough. So I ran for some things I needed for breakfast then came home to make it. This is where my day started to go downhill. As I was trying to cut the plastic on the mexican sausage, the knife slipped and it sliced through my finger...OUCH!!! The sadder thing is...I've done this before:( This time was not as bad as the last time, but it was throbbing for quite a bit and I've had to change my bandaid quite a few times cause it keeps slipping off from getting wet from all the hand washing:(


So anyway, the rest of the day just kind of drug on and I just couldn't get myself to do anything productive...or maybe I should say "fun"...cause I got my house stuff done and I washed out some bins in the fridge I'd been meaning to do. Washed a load of delicates then hung them to dry in our wash room. Took pics of some things and listed them on Craigslist.



So earlier I had a bit of a headache coming on too so I took some Ibuprofen to nip it in the bud and then I laid down for a while and took a little nap. Later in the afternoon, after I got up, I decided to work on some Christmas cards.


I am always saying I am going to make my cards and have them ready to mail out then I just keep procrastinating and never get them done and we end up not sending any out at all. So I thought I'd start today.



I don't consider myself a very good card maker in the least, but I had these MME Festive/Frost card kits I bought on clearance at 911 last year. I LOVE these lines...(remember I found the big pad at M's recently;) So I brought out my kits and started to work on them.



I did the first 3 and was pretty happy with how they turned out...




I added some things that didn't come in the kits like the green scalloped square behind the cardstock quote, the Sizzix cut snowflake and the twine. I used adhesive mounts on the quote and snowflake to give them more dimension:)
Oh, I need to add a quick note here. My knee had been killing me the last couple of days (I credit it to the Eliptical), so I took a couple days off to see if it would feel any better which by today it significantly was. So as I'm going to scoot in my chair at my desk, I knocked my knee on a shelf I have under there. I mean, I really slammed into it. Duh!!! I hope my knee doesn't start hurting AGAIN:(

So we ate dinner and chilled for a while, then I went back and worked on 3 more:) These went a lot quick and were easier. I really enjoyed working on them.




To these I added the dimensional snowflake sticker, again a scalloped square and some lace trim on the bottom. I used the plain silver staples to attach it:)

Here's V reading her school journal. I thought it was so funny. She wanted to wear the Indian hat. They made them at school on Friday. I love the part when she says..."Uh...I don't know what I wrote there"..."or when she says..."I'm just going to make something up"...Too funny:)

Ugh...I can NOT get this video thing to work:( I'll try again later:)

4 comments:

Lal said...

LOL@your title! And I just LOVE those cards! SO pretty!

Ginajam said...

WOW...awesome cards!! You've got a good start on those!! I wish I could start whipping up some cards, but it may not happen this year!! Hope you're finger is better...ouch!!

Jane Ettia Jones said...

oh your cards are just gorgeous

byondbzr said...

The cards are lovely!