My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Friday, October 24, 2008

A Little Tutorial and Some Birthday Wishes for Tomorrow...





I just love those new Prima Lollipop flowers. I've seen them and similars used a lot on LOs lately. I attempted to make one out of some denim fabric the other night. I'll post a pic of that later.


Just a bit ago, I found this really cool tutorial on Scrapbook & Cards Today blog:


Supplies Needed to make the distressed paper circle flowers:Patterned Paper (I used Sonoma from Scenic Route)3 different sized circle punches (EK Success)Paper distresser (Heidi Swapp)FlossNeedle
This technique is so simple, but it adds a big punch to a layout or card when you group the flowers in multiples. Here is what you do:
1. Punch the circles out of coordinating patterned papers.




2. Distress the edge of the paper with the distresser.




3. Crumple the circles and slightly smooth out.






4. Layer the circles and hand stitch together with embroidery floss.


5. Adhere to card or layout.



You really should check out this blog...http://www.scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/. There were some other really cool tutorials on there including the how to use the infamous Threading Water punch to go around corners. Can anyone REALLY do this???



Some pumpkin patch pics to share from last weekend...


Some pics I took of V the other afternoon in her Halloween costume. I still need to do Mattie's but I need to do his outdoors since his costume is primarily black. I can't do it against this "backdrop":( Hopefully this weekend.

I've done two more LOs in the last few days that I need to upload. One if finished, but I'm debating whether the second one is. I'm thinking of adding a title and maybe a few flower embellies. Ooo, maybe I'll make some of these "lollipop" ones;) I used the sketch Jennie posted on the 911 blog for my second LO. I LOVE the sketch.

Tomorrow is our birthday. I say OUR cause of course it's mine and Lal's:) So a Happy Birthday shout out to my sistah. Holla!!! ;) Have a happy happy birthday!!!

2 comments:

Lal said...

Aww,thanks sistah!! I hope it's a good day..for both of us...I'll let you know how it goes for me..kwim? Oh, and Victoria's costume is so stinking cute!! Did it come with those red slippers? I love it! The pics are cute too! I always wanted that costume but in the adult size of course! Too bad we never go to any Halloween parties. I'd look pretty silly wearing it out to the store or something! LOL

Ginajam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU GIRLS!! Hope it's a good one and you get spoiled!!

I love those paper flowers...they are so pretty and easy enough to make!

Love your pumpkin pics...have fun scrappin those :-)