My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Day of Vaca...

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I am not looking forward to the early mornings, but I'm hoping to start a lot of cleaning and purging projects around the house.

So tomorrow V will start 3rd grade. We did Meet the Teacher last Thursday. She will be in Mr. V's class and she's really excited. Two of her former classmates will be joining her; Kassandra and Isabel as well as a former kinder classmate; Shelby. We've got our first day outfit all picked out and hanging for the morning already:)

Mattie will be starting high school. Boy am I nervous wreck!!! Mattie always makes me the most nervous:( I know he has more trouble adjusting to new changes and I know he's not very social. Not like my little chatterbox;) I'm just praying it will all be OK for him. He will be riding the bus this year too. He rode the bus in 6th grade, but after that they made some changes and our area wasn't eligible for bus pickup anymore:(

So he's got his outfit set out; a Nintendo shirt and some jeans, his backpack ready and his new schedule good to go.

Thursday we also had dr. appointment for Mattie to get a refill on his meds. Then I finished my grocery shopping I didn't get done last week.

Friday I spent the day at my mom's. Went to Skechers and got V's last two pairs of shoes and to T's for a couple other things we still needed. Took Mattie to Steve to get a hair cut.

Friday was also our 9 year wedding anniversary. 9 years!!! We didn't do anything since Steve worked both the office and the shop and be the time we got home, it was too late.

Saturday V spent the day at my MILs so I took it easy chillin' at home. Watched a movie, did some laundry, a little more shopping. When Steve got home we made another T run for socks for V and I found this patio swing I'd been wanting all summer long and it was half off!!! We snatched that right up as part of my anniversary gift:) I can't wait for Steve to put it together. Once the weather gets cooler I'm sure we'll get a lot of use out of it. Sitting out and watching the kids ride bikes or play out front:)

Today we went out to breakfast, dropped the kids off at my inlaws and went and caught a movie. We saw Post Grad. It was a good movie. We were going to go to lunch, but my inlaws wanted to catch a movie too so we had to go get the kids. So we all went to lunch at Logan's. ONE more T run then Steve took me by James Avery and bought me a chain/crucifix. I'd always wanted one from James Avery. The cross and chain I had before...well the chain actually...broke a week or so back so I wasn't wearing anything. I LOVE my new one:) That was the other part of my anniversary gift:)

Well, it's about one hour to bedtime routine. Let's see how quick and smooth that goes. Crossing fingers;) Will update tomorrow with some back to school pics:)

1 comment:

Ginajam said...

Happy belated anniversary...hope you enjoyed your time together! How are you feeling these days? Any headaches? And how is school going for the kids so far?