My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prep Day...

Seems I haven't updated my blog in forever. It's not that I haven't been on the computer. I guess I've just been lazy about updating:(

Today was Mattie's prep day @ school. He is going into high school!!! Yikes!!! So today Mark went w/ me. Thank God cause it was chaotic in there and I don't know what I would have done by myself...well, I guess I could have managed, but it was nice to have someone else along:)

So we went and had to get his schedule, locker, student ID, books...all sorts of stuff. I think we were there for about 2 hours. Whew!!! All I can say is, I'm glad it's not me. I feel so overwhelmed for him...though I'm sure he'll do fine. I always get all paranoid for nothing cause he seems to be very good at adapting:)

Today I met up with a lady this morning from Craigslist. I put up a listing for a bunch of clothes V outgrew and got a nice $45 for it all:) It's fairly easy to sell her stuff. I listed Mattie's school uniforms, but nothing on that though. Luckily the school accept gently used uniforms to offer those who can't afford them so I need to call the school about dropping them off. We have LOTS and they are all in very good condition so hopefully someone can benefit from them:)

I also went through all of our school supply stash and got it all packed up in V's new backpack for her. There are only a couple of things I am going to need to get. Sure am glad I stocked up with sales and clearance last year:)

V has her Meet the Teacher day next week on Thursday so we will find out who her teacher will be and we can drop off her supplies. I can't believe the start of school is just around the corner; the 24th here. V will be in the 3rd grade!!! I can't believe how fast these kids are growing:(

I've gotten a couple of LOs done. Not much since our Scrapapalooza. I'll upload those later. There's the lazy again:)

Gotta go get dinner finished and serve it up. Hope everyone is staying cool. It is SO hot here. Like CRAZY hot:( I can NOT wait for Fall or at least our version of it;)

No comments: