My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Friday, May 16, 2008

TGIF and a BIG "happy dance";)






Today was a big day for me. I went car shopping and at 36 years old, I bought my first car:) OK...I did only start driving last summer, so I guess that's not too bad. It's not a brand new car, but it's a step up from the van I was driving before. Take a look:







It's a 2001 Chevy Blazer:) Victoria keeps commenting on how "shiny" it is...LOL. She was SUPER excited and thanked me like a bajillion times. You'd have thought I bought HER the car...LOL



More news...so there was this cat hanging out in our backyard. I was feeding it every now and then; when I'd catch it outside. The last time I went grocery shopping I picked up some cans of food for it. So the last week or so, I had been feeding her more regularly. Well, this past week "my" kitty started bringing me some nice little "presents"...ah ha...The first day she brought me a squirrel. Yesterday she brought me a bird. I am not liking the gifts so much:( I'd much prefer she bring me some nice patterned paper;) ...Victoria informed me that "she can't do that, Mom"...oh, well...



So now I'm not sure how I stand on the whole kitty thing. I'm REALLY not liking having to go out there and dispose of small animal remains....Can you say, "Eeewww"???



OK...I have been on a scrapping role lately. Even after completing the 7 or so LOs on our Scrapapalooza day;) I got some more done over this last week AND I didn't even do any scrap shopping this week!!! Are you surprised??? LOL So here's what else I got done:




This is a lift off one of the LOs Lal did on our scrap day. I used some pics of V at Sea World:) Ppaer are MME; Everyday Tango and Magnolia, I believe. The black/white polka dot is MM. Used 7 Gypsies A La Card stickers and Doodlebug Simply Sweet cardstock alphas. The butterfly is cut out of a Paper Studio paper:)This was also a LO Lal worked on. It was a lift off of 2Peas. MME Bohemain papers, Doodlebug Paper Frill, Paper Studio notebook pp, Sizzix cut chipboard scalloped frame, MM shimmer alphas and tiny alphas, Paper Studio cardstock alphas, HS chipboard heart, Bazzill eyelet edged cardstock, crown rubon and Primas from M's:)

This is the girl version to my previous LO:) All the same as above except for an HS chipboard crown instead of the rubon.
Another lift of a lift:) Creative Imaginations pp, MM Love Story, textured cardstock on back. Daisy D's postcard, MM pebble clip, HS blooms, 7 Gypsies A La Card sticker and a dimensional sticker I got in a swap:)All MME Tres Jolie pp and "title" diecut, DCWV scalloped edged cardstock, Sizzix cut stems and Primas from M's.Last one...Elijah's school pic from this year. I think he looks so grown up in it and so handsome:) It reminded me of the Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink"...thus the title:) All pp are Wild Saffron backed by textured cardstock, MME "title" diecut and Chatterbox chipboard alphas.And here's a pic of my Mother's Day goodies I got to pick out. LOVE the Berry Sweet line:) TFL and have a great weekend:)

No comments: