My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What's Going On...

The weather has been so much cooler and nicer. Saturday I went to my mom's and then to a birthday/graduation party at my aunt's house. They had a dinner for my cousin who just graduated from school for the border patrol and they also had his oldest son's birthday party. They will be moving to El Paso very soon for his job, so they had the birthday party here before so that they could celebrate with family before they left. My unlce made lasagna and it is the best!!! I LOVE my uncle's cooking:)

Sunday was chill day; just hung around the house. I went by 911 in the late afteroon and picked up quite a bit of goodies; some that I needed for a LO I started on. I got two canisters of Pressed Petals, some HS chipboard alphas, a sheet of BG Periphery that I did not have and NEEDED:), a couple of MM paints in Fall colors and a few other things:)


Monday I went to HL and bought me some nice goodies for my birthday last week. I was waiting for a good sale and this week was pretty good. I picked up the new Daisy D's cardstock stickers; some of the Christmas ones and Fall/Halloween ones, like four different punches and three packs of Cat's Eye chalk inks... I am in love with those:)


Yesterday was a catch up on my chores day. I cleaned house and made the goodies bags for Victoria's class for Halloween. Today I finished up the LO I started working on on Sunday...
This is a lift of a mini album that I saw on Two Peas. The paper is Flair; from a Thanksgiving kit. The chipboard letters are HS; family and MM jigsaw painted with MM paint; ties. The primitive silhoutte heart and the brackets are Cricut cut. Flowers are Primas; Pressed Petals and a variety of others. Also used MM In Bloom brads, some Junkitz buttonz and gingham ribbon. I used a Fancy Pants chipboard flourish to trace onto cardstock and then cut it out with my Cutterbees. I outlined with my Signo pen. I traced the scallops onto my cardstock using a sheet of Bazzill edged cardstock. The "tab" on the heart I made using a McGil punch and the word rubon on it is MM. I used Autumn Leaves stamps on the "tag" behind the title and a small P.Etc. cardstock sticker tag hangs off the ribbon with a small safety pin:)

Something else I worked on today. Finally got around to carving those foam pumpkins we got on clearance last year at M's. I had been wanting to make some "arrangements" in them like I had seen at M's, so this is what I came up with:)

K...I really need to get in the shower and go to bed. Today was not a fun morning. And the cooler mornings make it really hard to climb out of the nice, warm bed into the cold:(

1 comment:

Lal said...

Love the LO! Going to try my hand at lifting it today...if Mikey cooperates! And the pumpkins came out so nice!! Love em'!