My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Sweet and The Sour

Well, the driving had been going really well. I have been nailing all my tries at parallel parking. Everything was looking really good. So yesterday Steve gets home early and wants to take the kids to the pool. So I drove them there. I hung around for a bit and took some pics and then I came back home and he said to go back for them in a while. So I drove home alone, hung out and then started to head back. So backing out of the driveway, I assume I underestimated my space and right before I turned out, I caught the end of the work truck with the front of our van:( No hard, not bad, but I did manage to break the light on the front of our van.



Luckily, my friend works for NAPA and has connections so he is in the process of helping me get that replaced. I need to have that fixed by Monday so I can go take my driving test.



I will admit that one little incident has also put in a dent in my confidence, but I know I need to keep pushing forward and be thankful it wasn't something bigger. I just need to get right back in there. So I will try again today and go practice my parallel parking some more:)



Upside...I have been religiously keeping to my workout routine. I have however; also been allowing myself a little too much freedom in the diet department, so I had not lost any more weight. Starting the day before yesterday and I got back on track and I have lost one more lb. putting me at my first goal weight!!!



I am hoping the last five lbs won't take too long to take off. I am thinking if I stay on track it should go smoothly since I had plateaued for a bit, I should be able to take off 3lbs fairly easy right off. The last two might take some work.



I got a little scrapping done yesterday...a LO for a challenge for our Yahoo group. It was a five product challenge.

We were to use only five products. Mine were:patterned paper; Basic Grey Romani, Scrapworks rubons, Doodlebug cardstock alpha stickers, American Craft felt flowers and various brand buttons. TFL

3 comments:

Jane Ettia Jones said...

don't let the little bump dampen your spirits girl, we all misjudge. gosh i have been driving for 20 years and still bump into things more now than before lol.

wtg on the exercise regimen you girls are hammering it

love the page you did awesome for only 5 products, i don't think i could do that.

Lal said...

Yeah, don't worry about the "accident" and don't let "The Scrooge" get you down either. You are doing GREAT!! I LOVE the LO for the challenge!! Great job!

Unknown said...

bounce right back, girl! don't get down and lose your confidence!! you'll be just fine.

love your layout for the challenge. that is darling. what size is it?