My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MIA...

It's been a while since I last updated my blog. It's not like I haven't been on the computer...LOL Guess I've just been in lazy mode again.

I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week first thing in the morning. I like getting it out of the way before I get lazy and unmotivated to do it later in the day. I lost 12 lbs, but somehow put 2 back on:( I have hit a plateau and have not lost or gained anything since my birthday...

Yep...our birthday came and went. The big 38!!! That is SO close to 40. Scary. For my birthday Steve took me to the movies. We went and saw Couples Retreat. Good flick. Then we went to eat @ Texas Roadhouse. LOVE that place. Did a little bit of shopping in between. The Friday before our birthday I met up with Jess, Maria, Laura and her dh. We had lunch at Logan's. Yummmy. Saturday we met up with Lal, Miguel and Mikey @ Fiesta Texas for Fright Fest. Then later in the evening I caught up with Lal, Laura and Maria @ Mama Margie's for dinner. They were going out, but I was feeling horrible that day. I ended up having a cold on my birthday. Boo!!! We dropped off the kids with Steve's parents so we could get an early start the next day for my birthday so after we did our thing, we went back to Steve's parents and did the cake there w/ the kids before we headed home.

We spent Halloween here at home. My uncle was throwing a party, but the kids wanted to go trick or treating in our neighborhood and Steve wanted to decorate. Halloween is like Steve's Christmas so I didn't want to ruin it for him. Our plan was to pull out our banquet tables and set up in the driveway and hang out, trick or treat and pass out candy.

Early that day my cousins called that they weren't going to the party afterall so I invited them over here as well as Lal. So we ordered pizza. Had chips/dips and cupcakes for the kids. It was a lot of fun. We sat out and talked, but when it started to get too cold we came in.

The kids played in the other room and we watched a movie; Orphan. It was SCARY:( We had a great time and I'm thinking this may become our new Halloween tradition;)

My cousins are in the process of moving back down here and we've really enjoyed having them here and spending time with them. They've been having a time selling their house though and I really hope they won't have to go back "home". So prayers for a smooth and quick house sale would be GREATLY appreciated.

This past Friday Lal helped organize a crop at the church she attends and asked me to come. Steve got home on time and we went and picked up Lal and he dropped us off. He took the kids to the planetarium. They LOVED it.

The crop was a lot of fun. Only 3 other girls showed up, but we all still had a fun time. I got 4 LOs done. Lal and I put together some little goodie bags that we had planned on using as "door prizes", but we since there were only 3 girls. They all got to take something home:) I'm really looking forward to the next gathering which is planned for the beginning of December.

Saturday I had to drive Steve to work cause he didn't have a work truck. Since I was going to be on that side of town and had to pick him up from work as well, I just went to hang out at my mom's.

That afternoon was Nick (my cousin's son's) birthday party. We went to Peter Piper's and then to the movies to see a Christmas Carol in 3D. The movie was awesome and all the kids had such a good time. My aunt took my other cousin's 3 kids so V had girls to talk to:) It was a really good time.

Tonight V has a PTA performance. They are singing patriotic songs in honor of Veteran's Day. They also have the book fair going on, so we'll probably be making a stop in there too tonight.

This morning I did 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym, then came home and did another one on the Eliptical. Hard work, but I'm really hoping to get out of this slump and lose another 10 by Thanksgiving.

This past weekend really threw me off. I made pumpkin bread loaves for the church gathering and ended up eating too much:( Darn that pumpkin bread!!! I need to stop taking my weekend "breaks" and just follow through all week long.

I have lots of pics to share, but I will post those later in a seperate blog. I really need to stop slacking on my blog too. Going to make more of an effort to keep on it;)


No comments: