My Scrap Space

My Scrap Space

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are...

So I'd really been wanting for Mikey to dress up as Max from Where the Wild Things are for Halloween; with the movie coming out and all. Of course there aren't any costumes in the stores. I looked online and found some really pricey ones, but I also found some ideas on how people made their own. This got me thinking, so I talked to Steve and we decided we'd make one ourselves:) We went to J's and found a pattern we could work with and we got a super deal on the fabric too. The weekend V was sick, we stayed home so we spent that Sunday sewing Mikey's costume. This is how it turned out. Of course, it doesn't fit V very well. She's quite a bit taller than Mikey...


I took it to Mikey last Friday when I went by my mom's and he loved it. It made me so happy:) and he looked super adorable in it...I'm not just saying that cause he's my nephew and we made the costume and all;) I gotta have Lal take some pics of him in it.

V is going to be a Skelanimal Kitty. We bought it at Target. She's modeling it in one of my recent LOs in my last post. Mattie is going to be the king from Burger King. It's hilarious. TFL





No comments: